Twitter Updates

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where I'd like to live

I have this idea that I'd like to live in Boulder some day, but I think realistically it is way too liberal of a town. Denver would be an better option. Considering I own two homes in the Twin Cities, however, this is probably not something that is happening any time soon.

I lived for 9 months in Washington DC. Current politics bore me; past politics (history) interests me. Washington DC is too "current". I worked as a waittress at a bar and the bar was packed for the state of the union address. All in all I enjoyed living there. I was surprised to find that there were many options to get out of the city and into the wilderness within just an hour or two (similar to the Twin Cities). I did some hiking in Shenandoah amongst other places.

I would not like to live where it was humid (southeast).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Boulder doesn't excit you, you may like the politically incorrect giude(PIG) to American History. A more serious book is At Dawn We Slept about Pearl Harbor and while I was reading this, I found out a family friend was a PH survivor.....Stew

Diane said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll put them on my "to-read" list.