Twitter Updates

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weight training...

I've got to do it.

My garage has turned into a workout room (or at least half of it is). I'm going to pick up some dumbbells when I get back from Wyoming and start doing more weight training. EForce traded me his weight bench for an iron (long story).

In the mean time I decided I was going to do push-ups and aim to do 100. Yeah right. I did my initial test last night only to find I can not do even one real push-up with strict form. Not to seem pessimistic, but I doubt I'll be able to do 100 push-ups in 6 weeks. So should my goal be to follow the program with strict girly-push-ups (on the knees) until I can reach 100 and then switch over to real push-ups? I'd have to think that if I could do 100 sgp's that I'd then be able to do at least a handful of real push-ups.

1 comment:

Mike T Nelson said...

Nice blog! Thanks for the nice shout out--much appreciated!

Drop me a line about wt training, Z and push ups. QUALITY ALWAYS FIRST, then add reps.

If a standard push up is too much, do a push against an incline and gradually lower the incline until you are near the floor. I prefer this method over doing push ups off your knees.

Rock on!
Mike N