Twitter Updates

Friday, April 25, 2008

"24" Season 5

I did about 20 miles today while watching the first 5 episodes or so of Season 5 of "24". I've seen this season, but not the next one which I received for X-mas. I am anxious all of a sudden to get to it, so I'm re-watching this season to get me into it.

I did 9 minutes running (6.7mph), 2 minutes walking (4mph) x 18.

My treadmill moves backwards, about 4 feet an hour, so I must stop and push it forward every now and again. I wonder if I need to work that measurement into mileage calculations. I enjoy math, so I might have to consider doing that.

Darn it, I shouldn't have thought of that. <...math being done...>

Average running speed 6.19 mph on the treadmill moves me forward 0 miles.
Today's run of 20.52 miles took 3.32 hrs.
4' = 0.000758 miles of backwards movement per hour.

So running forwards 20.52 miles on my treadmill over 3.32hrs of time means that my physical body actually moved backwards 0.0025miles. Bummer.

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

I just did 4 hours on the trails at Afton in the dark in the snow. I might have to rethink my position on treadmills.

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

I think this confirms that there is a space/time continuum that belongs only to treadmills.
I think there might be another just for steveg's.