Twitter Updates

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weekly Running Update (9/20-9/26/09)

Weekly running mileage: 38+ miles

Sunday: The world's SLOWEST bike ride with my friend and her 4 and 6 year old children. I got to practice my balancing skills as I tried to not dismount the barely moving bike.

Monday: 5 miles.

Tuesday: 8 miles

Wednesday: Church group and Top Chef. Didn't feel like running while watching Top Chef. Mainly because watching Top Chef involved eating Pizza Hut.

Thursday: 5 miles

Friday: 10 miles

Saturday: 10 miles

I've been watching the Showtime series "The L Word" while running this last week. I borrowed the first 2 seasons from a friend at her recommendation. I'll admit that with her that night I watched the last 20 minutes of the last episode of the last season (season 6), so I know how it ALL ends. It actually hasn't taken away from me watching the early episodes, however. Basically this show is a drama about lesbians, and although I've found the plot lines to be somewhat predictable and contrived, I've actually really enjoyed it thus far. Each episode is approximately 5 miles long, and as I only allow myself to watch while running, it makes it quite easy to pop out 10 mile runs.

2 comments:

kirby said...

Still, 10 miles -> it's no ultra, but it's enough that if you *wanted* to do the Nike Women's Half Marathon here in SF, you could!

Check out my friend's post. I'm not doing the race (thought I had a wedding that day), but may also enter her contest... I'm not quite doing 10 milers though. I think my longest (recent-ish) is 7. Doh! Anyway, if you win and want to come out here...

http://runaudreyrun.blogspot.com/2009/09/do-you-want-to-run-nike-womens-marathon.html

Diane said...

Thanks for the heads up... I entered the contest and hopefully I'll win. What the heck... I think I have a 3 week marathon training plan lying around here somewhere...!